A Phase 3 Efficacy Safety and Tolerability Study of Zolbetuximab (Experimental Drug) Plus mFOLFOX6 Chemotherapy Compared to Placebo Plus mFOLFOX6 as Treatment for Gastric and Gastroesophageal Junction (GEJ) Cancer
A study of zolbetuximab (IMAB362) plus mFOLFOX6 versus placebo plus mFOLFOX6 in subjects with Claudin 18.2 positive, HER2-negative, locally advanced unresectable or metastatic gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma.
Why is this study being done?
SPOTLIGHT is a new clinical study for adult patients who have any of:
- advanced unresectable gastric or GEJ cancer
- metastatic gastric or GEJ cancer These types of cancers have a unique set of proteins (called Claudin 18.2). We may be able to use a treatment that targets the proteins to kill the cancer cells.
For patients with one of the types of cancer listed above, mFOLFOX6 (a combination of three chemotherapies known as Oxaliplatin, Leucovorin, and Fluorouracil) is a current treatment option. This study is testing an experimental medicine called zolbetuximab (IMAB362). Zolbetuximab attaches itself to Claudin 18.2 on the cancer cells causing cancer cell death.
Patients will be assigned to one of two groups by chance and given either:
- zolbetuximab with mFOLFOX6; or
- a placebo with mFOLFOX6 A placebo is a treatment that looks like the experimental medicine, but contains no medicine.
The goal of the study is to find out if zolbetuximab with mFOLFOX6 helps patients to live longer by stopping the cancer from getting worse.
A Phase 3, Global, Multi-Center, Double-Blind, Randomized, Efficacy Study of Zolbetuximab (IMAB362) Plus mFOLFOX6 Compared with Placebo Plus mFOLFOX6 as First-line Treatment of Subjects with Claudin (CLDN)18.2-Positive, HER2- Negative, Locally Advanced Unresectable or Metastatic Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction (GEJ) Adenocarcinoma
- ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03504397
- Protocol Number: 19-007
Contact the research team to learn more about this study.
Fields marked with asterisk (*) are required